FMAA Certification Requirements
Manufacturers of flags are eligible to use the FMAA Certification Seal under the following circumstances:
- The flag manufacturer is a member of good standing in the FMAA, and if in question, good standing will be determined by the FMAA Board of Directors
- The participant produced the flags to be certified entirely in the United States
- "Produced" will mean that, to the best knowledge of the participant, all of the following steps take place in the United States:
- The yarn was woven into fabric
- The fabric was dyed, printed or bleached
- The fabric was cut, assembled, sewn, finished and packaged
- All processes were completed in United States facilities
- Flags meet all current United States Customs and FTC labeling requirements.
- Flag manufacturers will require suppliers to supply country of origin certificates for the raw materials they supply, and will maintain a file of these certificates.
- All certified flags must carry the official FMAA certification seal.
- A challenge to these claims can be made by any manufacturing member anonymously through FMAA on first challenge, all subsequent challenges must identify the challenging member.
- Admitted or proven deviation from these standards will require removal of any inaccurate or misleading labeling or packaging from the products for the manufacturer to remain a member.
- Refusal to remove labeling will result in expulsion and forfeiture of dues.
- Only FMAA member paricipants can use the certification seal.
- All participants commit to adhering to, supporting, promoting and investing in the use and proliferation of the FMAA seal to the extent they are capable.
- Seal wording to read exactly as follows:
((FMAA CERTIFICATION LOGO))
Flag 100% Made in the U.S.A.
Flag Manufacturers Association of America
<<FMAA Member Company Name>>
Wayne, PA 19087
Back to Top