View the winning entries of our 2017 scholarship recipients!
Sean Mathew, Dracut, MA
Anna Robinson, Fulton, MS
Jessop Tiedeken, Sacramento, CA
Solie White, St. Petersburg, FL
View the winning entries of our 2016 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Victoria Kempf, Oceanside, CA
2nd place - Cailyn Hall, Churchville, PA
3rd place - Anastasiya Chapko, Centerville, OH
Runner up - Cameron Davie, Santa Clara, UT
View the winning entries of our 2015 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Eliza Carr, Colorado Springs, CO
2nd place - Kyle Miller, Pickerington, OH
3rd place - Anngelyque Stevenson, Litchfield Park, AZ
Runner up - Michael Hayes, Shoreline, WA
Runner up - Kiea'Ndra Cooper, Bessemer, AL
View the winning entries of our 2014 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Christine Olson, Sterling, VA
Runner up - Julia Espero, Henerson, NV
Runner up - Ethan Rathjen, Hickman, NE
Runner up - Keelyn Sherwood, Topsfield, MA
View the winning entries of our 2013 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Nathan Huber, Saint Peter, MN
Runner up - Venugopal Katta, Chester, VA
Runner up - Elana Foreman, Port Orchard, WA
View past winning entries of the FMAA scholarship program
1st place (2012) - Hecheng "Michael" Wang, San Diego, CA
Runner up (2012) - Alyson Hicks, Lone Oak, TX
Runner up (2012) - Brandon Chrysler, Jamesville, NY
1st place (2011) - Alyssa Wiedemeier, Quakertown, PA
Runner up (2011) - Gloria Lee, Great Neck, NY
Runner up (2011) - Ryan Perry, Warrenton, NC
Runner up (2011) - Anisha Gururaj, Chesterfield, MO
Runner up (2011) - Justin Falcone, Cinnaminson, NJ
Runner up (2011) - Esther Rea, Damascus, MD
1st place (2010) - Stephen Decker, Whitewright, TX
2nd place (2010) - Noelia Callejas, Mesa, AZ
- "I must thank you for making the choice to select me as the winner of this scholarship. This will definitely help me a lot in
funding my college education" - Hecheng "Michael" Wang
- "Thank you again very much for this generous scholarship! You've helped make it possible for students like myself to achieve our dreams!" - Alyssa Widemeier
- "Every bit counts. Every scholarship helps me get nearer to where I need to be. And because of the help I've received, I am
able to attend a university and be a part of the class of 2014" - Second place winner, Noelia Callejas
- Eligible applicants must be high school seniors continuing their education in a degree
program, to help them attain their education goals.
- Scholarships totaling up to $3000 will be awarded annually. This is a one-time
award and is not renewable.
- The video entry must be original and have been created solely by the applicant and must not have previously been distributed publicly or won any award.
- The video entry must not contain any material that would violate the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks, or privacy. Use of such materials must be fully detailed in a credit
and resource page.
- In the event of a violation of these guidelines, FMAA reserves the right in its sole discretion to take such action as it deems appropriate with respect to the video.
- The winning video entry will become the property of the Flag Manufacturers Association of America.
- Employees of FMAA member companies may not enter this scholarship contest.
*Any entries not in compliance with these instructions will be disqualified*
- Traditionally, the American flag has been a symbol of patriotism, freedom, and democracy. Your video should answer the question:
"What does the United States flag mean to you as a young American today?"
- Videos will be judged on content, original thought, visual imagery, and patriotic expression. You do not need to recapture the history of the United States. Your
thoughts must pertain to life in the current day.
- The video should run between 1.5 and two minutes in length, and should be posted online to a website such as YouTube or Viemo, with a link sent by email to
- The email must include the applicant's name, address, phone, email, current high
school, and a brief statement of future plans. Applicant should also include where they learned about the FMAA scholarship program.
A copy of a signed FMAA Video Release Form (see below) must also be attached to this email.
- FMAA Board members will review entries and make the final decision.
- Entries are due by May 30, 2018.
- A decision will be made by July 4, 2018, and the winner(s) will initially be notified via email.
- Press releases will be sent to
media outlets after the winning entry(s) has been posted on YouTube and on the FMAA web site.
For a Video Release Form, Click Here
For further information, contact:
Director of Marketing
Flag Manufacturers Association of America
994 Old Eagle School Road, Suite 1019
Wayne, PA 19087-1866
Phone: 610-971-4850/Email: email@example.com
Back to Top