FMAA Profile & Mission Statement
The Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) is a non-profit trade association, established in 2003, representing the leading United States flag manufacturers and suppliers dedicated to educating and promoting the quality, variety and proper use of flags manufactured in the United States.
FMAA is currently comprised of manufacturer and related industry members who believe in keeping American flags made in the U.S.A. The FMAA mission is to:
- Educate members of the general public about the United States manufactured flag industry and its significance to community, economic and social development.
- Provide a proper, practical and efficient means of maintaining contacts among members of the United States manufactured flag industry and local, state and federal government.
- Facilitate the exchange of information within the industry by sponsoring educational seminars, conferences and programs, and assist members in maintaining compliance to existing standards/laws on matters relating to the development and enhancement of the United States manufactured flag industry.
As a unified group of manufacturer and related industry members with common interests and goals, our efforts can:
- Establish a “Made in the U.S.A. ” certification that will instill confidence in the buying public. FMAA's certification program is exclusively for manufacturers to establish and promote flags made entirely in the United States, in accordance with the United States country of origin labeling requirements for all flags manufactured in the United States . FMAA has begun to promote the certification program and seal to the public and to commercial flag dealers.
- Create and distribute press releases to the public to promote FMAA and industry-related issues. FMAA distributes press releases to trade media outlets and daily, national newspapers about FMAA, the “Made in the U.S.A. ” certification program and the grave maker/prison labor issue.
- Monitor governmental affairs relating to the flag industry. FMAA is engaged in some legislative monitoring of issues affecting the United States flag industry, to ensure when issues arise in the federal and state legislatures, FMAA is aware of them and prepared to represent the industry's concerns.
If you have any questions about FMAA or are interested in becoming a member, please contact FMAA headquarters at 610-971-4850 or email@example.com.
Back to Top